Rukuhia te wāhi ngaro, hei maunga tātai whetū - Explore the unknown, pursue excellence.
About the Māori Economy Team
The Māori economy team are super connectors! Our job is to create connections for established Māori businesses, trusts and incorporations.
If you have a business project that requires science technology and/or innovation, we’ll help you navigate through the process of research and development (R&D) and support you towards commercialising your ideas.
Our team is there to connect your business to the right services, programmes, networks, expertise and R&D funding to help you make your ideas happen.
We understand Māori businesses and we are here to tautoko you.
How can we help your business?
We can help your business grow a competitive edge both in New Zealand and internationally by:
- helping you to identify and access appropriate research and development
- facilitating direct relationships with our team of 200 world class expert scientists and engineers who are able to utilise Callaghan Innovation’s state-of-the-art facilities to work on your project
- supporting you to access funding grants to convert concepts into viable offering - check out the "Are You Grant Ready Check Lists" for project grants and growth grants
- connecting you to collaborative māori-oriented business networks and clusters
- facilitating international delegations to understand global opportunities
- referring you to other parts of the business innovation eco-system as needed
- apply a Māori lens to your results.
We are here to support your investment in R&D, not your business as usual so come to us with your innovative ideas.
E hara taku toa i te toa takitahi, engari he toa takitini.
Are you eligible?
We need more Māori businesses to be investing in and pursuing technology and innovation. If you are ready, willing and able to invest in Research and Development, our team is here to help navigate this process for you.
You will need to:
- Have a clear commercial proposition and pathway to market for your new innovation/product
- Have a clear project plan that requires R&D to create the new innovation (we can help with this)
- Be ready willing and able to finance the R&D, and then take it to market.
Note: If you have a brilliant idea but are not at the stage where you are ready for R&D or don’t have a clear commercial proposition or pathways to market, please visit one of our Regional Business Partners near you.
Other Māori Economy Team Initiatives
- Kokiri - First business accelerator programme dedicated to speeding up the development of early stage Māori businesses.
- Matariki X - Annual gathering of inspiring Māori business leaders and future superstars.
- Te Whare a Maui - Shared working space for Māori businesses, with tools to help you collaborate and innovate.
- Nuku ki te Puku - Maori food cluster.
- T3W - Maori digital cluster
Updated: 18 May 2018