This article was published on 19 November 2018
Callaghan Innovation,supported by Agritech New Zealand, with NZ Inc partners NZTE and MBIE are leading a delegation of companies on an Agritech mission to evokeAG in Melbourne, Australia from 18 - 22 February 2019
- 18 – 22 February 2019
- Melbourne, Australia
- evokeAG 2019
This agritech mission is the biggest group of NZ innovators, investors, connectors heading overseas together – with more than 80 delegates representing over 30 New Zealand agritech businesses and stakeholders.
As well as showcasing New Zealand agritech businesses to the Australian market our aim is to validate our products and strategies in the market, connect with potential partners and investors to help them better understand our capabilities.
New Zealand has a unique value proposition when it comes to solving global agriculture problems – our kaitiaki (guardianship of environment), connection to farmers as end users, a culture of ingenuity, and our nation's integrity standing.
Delegates will gain access to the latest trends, challenges and opportunities in the Australian market. Visiting a range of locations in the Melbourne area, delegates will insight and understanding of innovative farming techniques that will highlight:
• Provenance and blockchain
• New farming and food opportunities
• Automation and robotics
• Artificial Intelligence
• Advanced sensor technology
• Big Data and digitisation
• Investor landscape
Key dates and activity
• Tuesday 12 February - 1-day pre-mission workshop in Auckland (compulsory for co-funded companies)
• Monday, 18 February – On-farm visits
• Tuesday 19 - Wednesday 20 February - evokeAG Conference
• Thursday 21 February - Innovation and Research Centre visits