This article was published on 14 July 2017
Want to attend the largest dairy technology event in North America?
World Dairy Expo is the largest dairy technology event in North America, and on 2-7 October 2017 Callaghan Innovation and NZTE will be leading a delegation to the expo and to visit farms and research partners. We want to take up to 10 New Zealand companies with us to learn, network and connect with the international dairy tech community.
About World Dairy Expo 2017
World Dairy Expo serves as a forum, with an international flavour, for dairy producers, companies, organizations and other dairy enthusiasts to come together to compete, and exchange ideas, knowledge, technology and commerce.
World Dairy Expo has been running for more than 50 years and is the largest dairy technology event in North America. Last year 74,500 people attended.
Where and when
World Dairy Expo 2017
3-7 October 2017
Attending World Dairy Expo and the immersion programme will be valuable for dairy technology businesses to:
- Look and learn - validate your ideas, investigate the competition and understand more about technology trends
- Seek feedback and validation for your business model/strategy
- Connect with potential partners, technology providers, distributors, investors
- Pursue targeted partnership meetings
- Gain a unique opportunity to learn from other New Zealand companies in the US market.
What you'll get
Callaghan Innovation is able to provide co-funding support for up to 10 New Zealand businesses to attend World Dairy Expo and immersion programme. $3,000 in co-funding will be offered which will contribute to the costs involved in travel, accommodation and registration for early and late stage start-up companies.
Other support provided by Callaghan Innovation, for both co-funded and non-funded companies, includes:
- Preparatory workshops in New Zealand about World Dairy Expo - and how to get the most out of it
- Working with you to develop individual “game plans” to guide your time at the show
- Networking events
- Visits to farms and research partners*
- Media and communications support and assistance through the show
- Follow up on return to New Zealand to maximise the benefits gained from attending
- Opportunity to share what you learnt with the rest of the industry.
*We plan 2-3 days at the expo and 1-2 days for visits. Interested companies should be prepared to block 1-8 October 2017 for this delegation.
Who we're looking for
In selecting the businesses to come with us to World Dairy Expo we will look for the following:
- Early Stage companies involved in developing technology for the dairy industry and looking to explore the US market in the next 12 months
- Ambition and aspiration to become an international business
- Capability in the team and a clear strategy to scale the business
- Clear objectives for preparing and taking advantage of being at World Dairy Expo
- Willingness to learn, commitment to sharing insights with other NZ companies and desire to be a part of a New Zealand Agritech community
- A mix of businesses to present a diverse and exciting picture of New Zealand innovation.
In allocating the available co-funding, priority will be given to early and late stage start-up companies that would not otherwise be able to attend.